Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodak Ireland Photo Agency

Options
  • 10-02-2022 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I had a relative (deceased since 1980s) who I've been told worked as a photographer for Kodak Ireland and went on international assignment for them a few times.

I am not sure if they were a permanent member of staff - they may well have been a freelancer or contractor too - but I believe that Kodak may have offered images to syndicated press outlets back in the day, similar to Reuters for example.

Kodak did have a substantial office in Ireland - https://www.thekodakbuilding.com/ - but I cannot find out anything about their employment of photographers.

One assignment my relative was sent on was to Afghanistan (in the wake of the Russian invasion there) in the early 1980s. The pictures are somewhere in an attic and apparently quite harrowing.

Anyway, I would be really appreciative of anything anyone can guide me on around Kodak as a photography agency in Ireland back in the day. I think if I can find out more about the business I can find out more about my relative's work for them.

Thanks in advance!

Medici

Advertisement