Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beijing Winter Olympics 2022

• 09-02-2022 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there's already a thread on this, I did a search and couldn't find one.......been a really good games so far. The big air with Eileen Gu was amazing and this morning lindsay jacobellis getting redemption after her implosion in 2006. Looking forward to the ski cross myself, always carnage there.

Side note: Is Chemmy alcott slightly bonkers? Been watching Today at the winter Olympics on the BBC and Claire balding has had to reign her in a couple times when's she's gone off on a tangent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Gonna reply to my own comment...........this has been a great Winter Olympics. The Cross-country skiing has been epic, especially the Nordic Combined where that Norwegian Lad going the wrong way when he was leading the race. The finish of that race was epic.........Not to mention the Alpine events, the Slope style skiing, Skeleton, 2 man Bobsleigh where Germany won Gold, silver and Bronze. The two man luge is a truly bizarre event. And then Lindsey Jacobellis winning a second Gold with Nick Baumgartner, what a final that was. Although I dont think she should've performed the board grab at the end, it was unnecessary and may have turned people off her who had been on her side. Ski cross today which is my personal favorite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Absolute drama in the figure skating.

Trusova skates the dance of her life, goes first. Japanese girl does a brilliant dance and goes second.

All left up to the 2 favourites, Shcherbakova and Valieva. Scherbakova is perfect, goes into first. The pressure gets to Valieva and she goes 4th.

Tears gallore from Valieva, comforted by the coaches. Trusova is shouting at anyone that will listen about how she hates figure skating and won't go on the podium.

Scherbakova sits in the green room alone. Nobody to talk to her. Nobody to say well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Loving the Boardcross and Skicross started today which had some great drama in the Womens sessions, really looking forward to the mens tomorrow and wishing there was a similar mixed teams event for skiing. I was delighted for Jacobellis when she won the Womens Gold but that quickly disappeared when she did the grab on the final jump of the mioxed teams showing she was lying about it being for balance 16 years ago and she has learned absolutely nothing about humility in that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Yeah the Jacobellis thing has left a sour taste in my mouth. I mean even Amy fuller on the BBC was saying it was "very cheeky", which is something coming from a person who had her own winter Olympics drama(in the commentary box) in 2014. Happy for Nick Baumgartner though, it was in all likelihood his last chance for a medal and he did the race of his life in that final. Cant wait for the mens ski cross.

Advertisement