Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The ICU St Patrick's Festival

Options
  • 08-02-2022 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Another new event to the calendar for 2022 - the ICU St Patrick's Festival will make use of the extra bank holiday to try slip in another 9 round FIDE rated event without taking up one of your much needed work-holidays. The event will start late on the Wedneday night and finish up on the Sunday evening as per the Easter/New Year festivals.

The format will also be similar to the Easter/New Years events with 5 or so sections (will allow for up to 10 sections). However, in this instance, the players will also be assigned to a team with the team's split so as to be evenly match by live ICU rating. Everyone you play should be within 100-200 rating points of you, and it will be the same for everyone else on your team (ideally - the more entrants, the closer the spreads will be). Players will compete for board prizes as well as an overall team prize. Each team will be allocated one "star" to play on board 1.

We'll be making use of Ireland's allowance for a team event which is norm-eligible without requiring non-IRL players. My dream is to have a 10 IRL player APA for a norm (because I think it would be extremely entertaining) but I'll settle for this event getting off the ground first.

March 16-20 and will take place in the Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan.

Details and online entry here: https://www.icu.ie/events/1523

Advertisement