Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fit new quartz movement

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

IMHO 350 quid is way over the top. A 'service' on a quartz for most places would be a new battery or just swap the movement out. Unless it's a real oddball, or sought after, a replacement quartz movement is going to be under 50 quid and more like 20.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

I've swapped over a few movements in the last while. This is what a Miyota one costs, including a battery from Ali-express.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I had a local jeweler replace a swiss quartz movement that I sourced myself, and paid 40-50 euros for it to be fitted a few years back, 350 sounds like he's taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Open the watch and see if you can get an id on the movement. Hopefully it's a common one that you can source and either fit yourself or get your local jeweller to fit. All at a fraction of the 350 quoted.

Advertisement