Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diagnosed with Epilisy

Options
  • 07-02-2022 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I was diagnosed with Epilisy after a bed seizure and hospilisation circa 2 weeks ago and am aged 59 ie 1st time seizure.

I understand i cannot drive until 1 yr free of seizures and accept this,

I am the main driver on my car insurance with my wife the named driver for the past 10yrs with a full NCD, insurance renewal due 10/2/21 circa €360.00 , we use the one car.

Obviously no point in renewing in my name, do i lose my NCD as is

If im a year without seizures and get necessary medical approval can i get my NCD back

Any advice on getting best insurance quote for my wife as main driver now

To add to this my 10yr driving license is up on the 20th feb 2022, would i be better off letting this lapse till nearer a year without seizures ( hopefully as medication has very positive outcomes according to hospital neurology)

many thanks for recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.

You will not lose your no claims bonus if you take up an insurance policy within 2 years of the end of the last one you had so you will be OK in a year's time (I assume you meant your current insurance is up on 10/02/2022 not 2021 though).

Your licence renewal will also be fine in a year's time but I'm sure you will have to provide medical certs and such so you may not be able to renew online when the time comes.

Advertisement