Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from android

Options
  • 07-02-2022 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

So I'm moving back to Apple after about 6 years on Android.

Can I set up an new Apple ID with the same phone number as before? Reason is my storage was/is full on my original account. Is like to start fresh if possible.

Secondly are there any good apps to transfer contacts etc from the Android across?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 askpt

Try this app from Apple itself: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

thanks, got sorted eventually. Set up a new email address and set up iCloud account from that. I thought there would be a snag using the same phone number as before but there wasn’t.

contacts were easy copied once signed into Google. Got the 13 delighted with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I’ll not be going back to android

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Having gotten an iPhone from work recently, I was amazed to find the App Store recommending their preferred app above the app that I actually searched for. Awfully intrusive.

Advertisement