Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove doorhandle?

Options
  • 07-02-2022 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭

All our doors use the doorhandles shown in the pictures below. They've been in for awhile and are brutally sticky, plus we're getting a new door and want to take the opportunity to replace all of them.

Once I remove the plates, is there some other trick to getting these handles out? The 'return' on the side of the door (is that the right word? Where the lock and latch come out) wouldn't come out for love or money and at one point it bent a bit and the latch got stuck, but I was able to straighten it out.

I know I need to drill out the screws holding the plates on, as they're old, soft and easily stripped. But, once I get all the screws out, is there something else? Do I need to bash it with a hammer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Remove your lad after taking off the plates and pull out.

Advertisement