Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage to concrete floor after taking up tiles

Options
  • 07-02-2022 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Hi, I took up tiles in my kitchen but during the process some of the skimmed concrete on top of the subfloor came up (see pics attached).

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use to fill in the gaps? Some sort of self levelling cement? Does an agent need to be used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Is any of it loose, I'd take up whatever is loose or flaky, prime it and level compound over the whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Your tiler will add levelling compound or their choice to rectify that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What is the new flooring that you are planning?

Either way the tiler or wooden floor fitter will handle it, if you are doing it yourself then as above, remove anything lose and then prime and use self levelling compound. Depending on the compound you might not even need a primer, but do remove anything loose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

We're going engineered wood flooring.

Thanks, yea I'm going to take up anything loose, tidy and apply a self leveling cement to patch the areas that are damaged. I'm hoping it will be sufficient for the lads on install day!

Going to try use https://www.screwfix.ie/p/no-nonsense-cement-based-levelling-compound-20kg/543kr#BVQAWidgetID

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Amias

Do not depend on the fitters to sort out the floor. Have the fitters already measured up the room?

• Advertisement
Advertisement