Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike repair kit

Options
  • 06-02-2022 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

is there any shop near dublin 1 that i can buy a puncture repair kit before 11pm tonight i know i can go to dealz at 9am tommorow i know theres a few 24 stores,tesco,spar ,centra etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i need a spanner included,otherwise i may as well buy a kit tommorow from my local hardware store

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Do you mean a tyre lever, when you say spanner? Most kits don't include a spanner.

I don't think any of those places you mentioned would do a puncture kit to be honest.

no i mean a spanner ,that,ll remove a front wheel, the tesco kit has 2 tyre levers, and a grinder, no idea what a grinder is that could be used in a puncture kit. a spanner or wrench for wheel removal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

You'll be hard pressed to find a spanner in a kit. Some of the bike parking garages have toolkits, but not sure if the one close to D1 has, or when it closes.

It's at the one on Marlborough St. as far as I know.

The grinder is probably the part to rough up the tube before you apply the glue.

Grinder equals sandpaper, OK, I thought spar might have bike repair kits, I'll buy one with a wrench at 9am im sure dealz have them or poundland parnell st. I had a plastic wrench it broke when I tried to use it to open a wheel, I'll buy wd40 at the same time

• Advertisement
Advertisement