If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Cycling shoes

  • 06-02-2022 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭


    I was given a pair of cycling shoes several years ago ( with the bike)

    soles are now lifting and I need to replace. Is this a particular type of shoe to fit the cleats/pedals?


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

    That standard is called SPD. It's quite common, often associated with mountain bike shoes.

  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

    Quite a few similar pairs for sale on sports

  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭ARX

    Just don't confuse it with the similarly-named but entirely different SPD-SL system.

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Citizenpain