Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for Sky but only watching free channels

Options
  • 06-02-2022 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Family beside me never go further than bog 3 on the EPG but pay 59 per month to sky. That's the power of marketing and brainwashing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How do you know this? Do you stand outside their living room window watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Cool story. Have you a blog/podcast or anything I could follow for more fascinating insights on your neighbours??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know people who got sky because they had various aerials over the years and they always had a poor signal and the only thing that worked for them was getting a basic Sky package.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Consumer inertia.

Some people just aren't aware of the savings they could make.

How much does it cost to get a satellite set up installed these days?

Once you get one you should be good to go for at least ten years.

Staying with Sky at €59 per month would cost €7,080 over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have Sky as a necessity if I want to watch TV. I'm sitting listening to Sunday Sport on rte 1 radio. Pity but I can't get a signal any other way. I don't really do box sets but enjoyed the F1 this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advertisement