Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiators heat fine. Hot water taps are like warm

Options
  • 06-02-2022 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi all

Radiators heat fine. But taps are luke warm at best and seem to to loose heat very quick. Glowworm boiler. Do the glow worms heat rads and taps are 2 different temperature settings.

I did chang lagging jacket as old one smelled. And was even burnt onto tank in parts. New one is still on quite snug. With a maye 2-3cm gap exposed here and there. I cant imagine nits enough for heat to escape as quickly. Before water in tank would still be warm enough 8-9 hours later. Now have to use lukewarm water pretty much with in the hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is the hot-water zoned or does it normally heat the rads and water at the same time? You might have a stuck valve preventing the hot-water cylinder from being isolated when the rads are on. That can pull the heat from the cylinder depending on how the boiler is working.

But the lagging jacket should be fitted tightly and without gaps too, so that could be adding to the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭allycavs

Heating is zoned. Issue is there even on days where heating is not on? I will check if heat flowing through both motorized valves. Would that indicate what you are saying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭spuddy4711

Any progress Allycavs ? I have the same problem. Separate circuits. Rads hopping after 1 hour.

Hot water is on separate switch, barely hot after 1hour.

Advertisement