Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Co-habiting Couples Rights + Legislation

• 05-02-2022 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly I am just interested in people's opinions here, my intention is not to offend anyone at all, I am really exercised about how co-habiting couples are treated in this country and the lack of action over many many years of our elected representatives.

How do people feel that there are over 150k couples in Ireland who are effectively treated different to that of married couples, in lots of areas, taking into account our liberal society.

Summed up in article at bottom

It really annoys me that our politicians fall over themselves to enact lots of legislation, recent ones come to mind such as MUP, long term undocumented migrants.

What are they doing for hard working people in the country who choose not to get married, buy a house, have kids, pay a load of tax, etc... Very little automatic protection to that afforded to married couples.

My situation is, long term co-habiting, one income, two kids, mortgage. We are not opposed to marriage and love each other to bits, just never got around to getting married, doesnt seem right in this day and age that people in this country have to get married to get the same rights as married couples.

Really annoys me, am I alone??

I feel a trip to a few constituency offices, to put it up to them and ask for requests for PQ's and Representations to all TD's who come to mind!!

Rant over :)

Comments

Advertisement