Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Door Hinges?

Options
  • 05-02-2022 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Pretty standard, upright fridge freezer. (Hotpoint R134A, for the purists) Fridges bottom 'Hinge' has come away. Door now held on by bungee cords. Wood blocks and the grace of god.

Door edge is 1" thick. Then, there's 1/2" of rubber seal. Then the side of the fridge.

Now, without having one to hand, to try up against the fridge; Might it sound like a possible plan to get a pair (Trio?) of gate / T hinges and pop rivet them on? Just seen some 8" ones on Amazon.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

If it's the hinge thats gone I'd be heading to my local recycling centre/ electrical retailer n asking nicely if I could scrounge a hinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Oh? I think I still have the hinge, Mike. I threw it away, after months of it being on my desk. But, I Think it may still be in a bag .....

Couldn't really figure out how to get it back on. I can't weld. I have to get creative :|

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can get the hinges online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

What? Replacement Hotpoints? Damn! I never even considered that!

Oh! You're right, Colm. There's whole bloody web sites, dedicated to spare parts 🙄 Talk about wood for trees!

Okay. Brutal truth? I just realized the number I had was the Refrigerant Type. Another site tells me to look inside. Er, yeah .....

Tomorrow then, I'll open the kitchen door. Then open that fridge again. Armed with a rag and hot water 🤢

Thanks though. Looks like about a score should do it! 😀

Advertisement