Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera bolier E040 fault

Options
  • 05-02-2022 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭

Boiler constantly stopping with the E040 or E041 fault code...Water transducer Fill the system.

Plumber has been out 3 times and yet it still keeps doing this. He told me to open the heating fill valve in the hotpress to get the water pressure up but it doesn't work.

Really at the end of my tether with this and I'm about 10 minutes away from putting a hammer through it.

Boiler is about 2 years old. Entire heating system in the house has been useless from the day we moved in. Constantly playing up and never working properly. Heat miser stats on the wall are also useless.

Anyone have a recommendation on what to do or who to fix this for good? Is it worth buying another boiler because reading online that vokera are rubbish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I accidentally left the filling valve open most of the day.

Boiler has fired up now but the fault is water pressure too high!! I am draining some water from the radiator in the living room to try and bring it down. How much water would I need to drain? 1 litre? 10 litres?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

You have an expansion vessel that keeps the pressure in the system to account for small losses in volume. So you'll have to drain out a few litres before the pressure starts to drop. Just keep and eye on the pressure gauge on your boiler and stop when the needle is in the correct zone (around 1 bar, I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Cheers. Got it sorted. Boiler was still under warranty so vokera sent out a lad who fixed it and replaced a couple of broken components.

We have heat again so happy wife = happy life!!

Advertisement