Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever Young 2022.

Options
  • 04-02-2022 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

I fancied going along to the Sunday of this year’s upcoming Forever Young festival but saw that a Sunday only ticket is €132.50!

Am I completely out of touch or is this what you would expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pricey alright maybe you could volunteer for it and save yourself the cash.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dmn01

Hi there,

Anyone know how/if you can transfer e tickets for this. i know a guy selling and i am interested but its an e ticket.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

You can only do that through the Forever Young resale page. Names need to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I was only there on Saturday but Forever Young was absolutely brilliant. All the 80s acts were amazing . Nothing beats the pounding of an analog synth. Great to see and hear Holly Johnson looking so well. Only gripe was the food queues - an hour! Great atmosphere lovely crowd sparkling weather I'm sorry I didn't camp and go the whole weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Just back from Forever Young, camped for the weekend this time. There were definitely some issues and things that could be improved, the bars on Friday night had big delays, food queues were very long over the weekend, toilets were hit and miss, queues for coffees and brekkie (in the campsite) were crazy. But overall a great experience, location is brilliant, the crowd were brilliant all weekend, the outfits were fantastic and the general atmosphere was amazing. Can see it selling out going forward as more people get to experience it. A lot of music highlights, from Marti Pellow and Paul Carrick on the first night, to Nik Kershaw, Nik Heyward, Tony Hadlee, Holly, Bad Manners, Bananarama and to finish the festival OMD were great. Sad to see Paul Young struggle but the crowd still showed him the love. Roll on next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I was there Saturday and Sunday. Great relaxed vibe in the Sun. Holly Johnson knocked it out of the park without even trying. All the performers I saw genuinely looked like they were having a great time. Carol Decker and Tony Hadley were solid gold, Nik Kershaw rocked out and Nick Hayward had the crowd in the palm of his hand by the end of his set. Fantastic Day indeed.

Was really excited to finally see OMD live and they were excellent. Sound was a bit muddy in front of the stage but their set was great. I thought Andy McCluskey was going to do himself damage at the end.

Lowlights. Limahl strung out his set with a Powerpoint, bit lame. And brutal as it sounds Paul Young's voice is shot, really sad to see.

Organisation was excellent. I've never seen toilets so clean at a Festival!

Post edited by daragh_ on

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Brilliant well organized chill festival. Best acts were Heather Small (such a incredible voice), Tony Hadley, Bananarama, Bad Manners and Nik Kershaw. All rolled back the years. Thought Limahl was the only poor act, all other acts were excellent. One highlight was Tony Hadley doing a duet with the Queen tribute band. The band lapped it up. One thing of note most of the crowd at this is older, 40,50, 60 many were. Very few spring chickens or yoked up studenty types.

Driving in and out was like popping to the supermarket zero que in car and zero que going in, and for me zero que for food but I got it early those moaning about long ques erm hello that happens every festival ever late in the evening as the piss heads need soakage for the booze. Eat much earlier in the day problem sorted!

Really good polite security and staff it seems they were all told to be sound and it really showed, none of this cattle mart crap like the bigger festivals like Electric Picnic.

One thing that really raised this festival up was they had a really amazing compere in Clive Jackson aka Dr from the 80's glam band Dr and the medics. He was truly excellent introducing the bands and doing the bridges between acts. He was funny, polite, humble, self deprecating and had a real warmth about him, he transitioned between acts flawlessly and was very funny. Really impressed how good he was, think he's a Reverend now in his private life.

Overall a great weekend, really well run and really good fun. Best new festival in Ireland hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Did anyone see the U2 tribute act on right before Holly? They were fkn incredible! I was in tears laughing, yer man had Bono down to a tee, even the reverb on the mike was bang on, all the cheesy one liners and all the political screens at the back. There was a big surge out of the camping chairs and down to the stage when a number or two in it became apparent how great they were. Even better than the real thing (ba-dum tisch)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Have to agree with all the above, went both times now and very well run in comparison to other festivals, demographic has alot to do with the atmosphere so hope it doesn't get hi-kacked like others things once the good word spreads.

One criticism id have is the bar queues would need sorting for next time and you have to have a "cold" festival beer on draught, not what we got at the weekend, thumps up for all who staffed it, very friendly which what you want..... roll on next year..it will sell out.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

They were good, better than Holly Johnson whom I'm no fan off think he perhaps was misplaced as a headliner. It is a great festival though.

Hopefully it keeps the older crowd which makes it, be crap if it became flooded with youngsters and yip yops coked off their mind wandering around in their glowsticks. It just isn't that kind of festival.

Advertisement