Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outboard Johnson fuel pump question

• 04-02-2022 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Well basically i have 4hp 2 stroke johnson /evinrude 2002 twin light

The fuel pump is operating only for external tank.....internal tank is vacuum - gravity fed....

My question - can i convert the internal tank and hook it to fuel pump? Instead of leaving it gravity fed?

Engine is after full service and runs like a charm....only when running on internal tank its struggle while going full throttle - it doesn't get enough fuel fast and its struggling. External tank has no hassle...and runs like a watch....all the way..

Would it be ok to swap the hosing and hook the internal tank to fuel pump? Sometimes i cant have external tank onboard so its not always an option....

Anybody knows of thats ok?

Carburettor is clean as whistle and brand new champion original plugs are in.... Again engine starts first pull and goes quiet.... Just wanna know if i can just run it through pump and not destroying anything in process.

Thank you.

Advertisement