Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laminate Flooring a good option for garage floor?

• 04-02-2022 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Im currently building a new garage, 6m x 9m internal. Im looking at floor options. Has anyone put high grade laminate flooring in a garage before? The garage will be used for some light mechanical work to cars so chances of minor oil spills etc, and it will also act as man shed/office down the line. I know there are other options like epoxy but I like the look of a more house type setup rather than a cold concrete/epoxy look. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Laminate and moisture do not mix at all, I wouldn't use laminate anywhere you could have fluid spills that may go unnoticed for more than a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gmaneire

Thanks for the reply. I have laminate all over my house including kitchen with constant spillages from kids etc and the floor is fine. We also mop regularly with no issues...Have you experienced problems with laminate lifting of swelling or what problem did you find? Thanks for input!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Floor paint is your solution, keeps dust down, hard wearing. Available in a few colours very tolerent to spills

Thanks, when you say floor paint what do you mean ? Have you a brand name or anything? Do you have to prime, how many layers etc? Most floor paint I have seen ends up chipping and flaking. Thanks

It's years 10+ since I did mine so couldn't think of the brand name. No primer but I did etch / wash the floor with acid before painting. No problems with flaking.

It wasn't a 'woodies' paint though I bought it in Kylemore motor factors, there was a 50% sale on it 😍

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

One option is decking boards, but floor paint is probably best.

We used this on a warehouse. https://www.vinnybyrne.com/professional-paints/floor-paints/industrial-floor-paints/2k-epoxy-industrial-custom-mix-floor-paint.html

Forklift and pallet trucks up and down daily and still looks great three years later

LVT flooring is what you're looking for.

Advertisement