Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostwire: Tokyo

Options
  • 04-02-2022 12:23am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Loads of new trailers for this game. Still not got a clue what it is. Looks interesting at least. Shinji Mikami hasn't really made a good game that hasn't involved Capcom or ex-Capcom (Clover/Platinum staff) imo but hopefully he has surrounded himself with some talent and this is a lot better than previous efforts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It certainly gets brownie points for doing something a little different. Hopefully there's enough variety in the combat/enemy type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SophyQ

I'm not a gamegeek and rarely play, but it looks interesting for me 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not often I'd suggest it but this game would work better in VR than it does without it. The combat just doesn't seem to have any real heft to it.

I suppose you could make the argument that ghosts don't have the corporeality to warrant "heft" :)

There's a visual novel prologue for this available now, for anyone interested.

• Advertisement

The reviews are in. A common thread seems to be that while the main storyline is good, there's a lot of open world busy work that becomes a chore. A few others saying it just feels like a missed opportunity. There's some positive praise for it out there too, but I think I'll only pick it up when it's on sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only two reviews in that I trust are Polygon and Metro game central and they savaged it.

I'm guessing Bethesda pulled their usual BS here and gave out review code right before release so more trustworthy reviews like eurogamer will be slow coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Have gamestop any trade in deals going for this?

Advertisement