Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Off-peak fare

Options
  • 03-02-2022 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

I need to travel from Skerries-Dundalk return on Saturday. I checked the fare page and there is the following note:

Note 1: Off-Peak Promotion - Available after 09:30hrs Monday to Saturday and all day Sunday. Valid between Dundalk to/from Dublin Connolly including all intermediate stations.

It's not really clear - should this fare be valid from Skerries-Dundalk?

Also I think you can only buy this fare from the ticket office (when open). The ticket office in Skerries is closed all weekend so could I prebuy it tomorrow for travel on Saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should be able to get it. Be sure to emphasise that it is for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,565 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The off-peak promotional fares for travel between stations on the line from Dublin to Dundalk and the line from Dublin Heuston to Portlaoise are available from station booking offices and ticket vending machines at stations on those lines, but not online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

When I checked the ticket machine (after 9:30am) it wanted to charge the full fare for the day return, unless I picked the wrong option but I didn't see any other options. Anyway I checked with the office in Skerries and apparently they don't sell tickets there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would it not be cheaper to buy a ticket from Skerries even counting for the discount? Apologies I presume it's for all travel between Dundalk and Skerries.

Advertisement