Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Build GPU Replacement

Options
  • 03-02-2022 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

I have a budget build; i5 2500k, 16GB DDR3 with a GTX 1050 that's been fine for how often I play games.

As of yesterday my GPU is not being recognized, getting a b2 code. I'm going to strip it down and clean it this weekend just in case.

Could anyone recommend me something budget (i know not a good time) to buy to replace it. I feel very out of touch going through Adverts at the 100-200 mark, and am constantly having to run comparisons through benchmark sites as I have no clue on model ranges (especially when it comes to AMD).

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ye boots fine with on board graphics. Could also be pci slot on MB but dont have anything else to test in that right now.

Thanks for the advice, I know its slim pickings at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I'd say a 2nd hand GTX1050 again at around 150, or a 1050ti at 160-180 is best bet, 200-220 for a 3GB GTX1060 either.

If you have a good PSU there are some older cards that don't go for as much that would still perform similar to a GTX1050, like a GTX770, or Radeon 280X. Can usually be found for about €100.

In general though I'd probably just get another 1050, 1050ti, or Gtx1060 3gb. Newer, lower power, less likely to fail.

Crap time to be trying to buy anything really and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Advertisement