Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time visiting Costa del Sol

Options
  • 01-02-2022 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

My wife and I are flying to Malaga for a week in July and are wondering where is the best place in the region to stay. Neither of us have been to the Costa del Sol before so haven't a clue about the place. We've provisionally booked a hotel in Malaga (free cancellation) but am very open to suggestions!. Looking for a fairly relaxed place that has plenty to do but isn't party central either.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭coleen

Lots of options open to you. Malaga it self is lovely and an area of the city is called Malagueta and that is a nice area. Then further up the coast is Rincon de La Victoria which is close to Malaga and lovely restaurant. In the other direction from Malaga you have Torremolinos and Benalmadena which have nice beaches and good promenades for walking and cycling. Both of these have lots of British and Irish visitors. We have also gone to Estapona which is about 1 hour from Malaga and I really liked that. It had a very cute old area. I think you should go on YouTube and enter each place and get a feel for what you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Love Benalmadena myself, lots of nice restaurants, lovely long promenade and a nice marina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

You should also go inland. Drive up to Ronda all through the mountains or Granada.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

Why not try three nights in Malaga and the remaining nights in Torremolinos or Benalmadena. . Both around 20 to 25 minutes away by train , train fares are around €1.80 each .

Advertisement