Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might be of interest

Options
  • 31-01-2022 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Short notice I know, bu it might be of interest to some of you.

The Killester WW1 Memorial Campaign

Presents

From Muddy Trenches to Garden Village

January 31st 19.30

The War Memorial campaign welcomes the Independent Historian and Photographer, Patrick Hugh Lynch who will be presenting “Killester : From Muddy Trenches to Garden Village” on Monday , January 31st at 19.30.

No One has studied the Irish Veterans of the Great War more than Patrick.

His very impressive lecture pedigree, combined with his photography, which has brought him to Buckingham Place, London, Stratford Upon Avon, Belfast, will make his lecture on the Irish Sailors and Soldiers Land Trust very informative.

Patrick’s forensic research will enrich your knowledge of those brave Irish Men and Women who thought they were doing the right thing at the right time, and when they came home to a land that was far from green and pleasant.

The Question to be asked is: Were those Irish Veterans of the Great War that received houses through the Irish Sailors and Soldiers Land Trust – Alienated or Integrated ???

Join Patrick Hugh Lynch and a Global Audience on January 31st 2022 at 19.30

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77386204710...

Meeting ID: 773 8620 4710

Passcode: Gd4YyR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Just saw this now, too late unfortunately. Do you know if it's being shown again soon? Where would I learn about these kind of talks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I saw it on FB https://www.facebook.com/KillesterWarMemorialCampaign. The sound quality was very poor last night so I think the speaker will do it again. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I'm not a big user of FB so it usually ends up that I miss out but I do pop into it for something interesting. Thanks again.

Advertisement