Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help re number of insurable weeks in a month

• 31-01-2022 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm self employed (proprietary director so paid under normal PAYE/PRSI scheme) and pay myself at the end of the month. Ever since the new ROS system came in a few years ago, we now have to indicate how many insurable weeks we are paying. I had a site bookmarked that explained what is a 4 or 5 week month, but it's gone this year and I have not been able to find any other helpful info.

The Revenue provides this, but does not, to me say how you work it with calendar months:

So, I'm getting paid today, Monday 31st is this a 5 week month then? And what about 1-4 Feb, do I count that next payday or not, leaving feb 1 to 15 as a 4 week month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Well based on that calendar you would use 5 weeks in April, July, Sept and Dec as that has 5 weeks ending in each of those months and use 4 for the other months?

(If you use software to calculate the gross to net I would expect it to generate this information on the a PSR to be uploaded to ROS. so I assume you must be doing it manually.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I take the months that have 5 Fridays in them as the 5 weeks months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Thanks for the replies. I had to go ahead and complete my return before the end of the day (don't have the ROS cert installed at home) so had a look at my previous years and say the pattern you both mention.

@ari101 - yes doing it manually.

So, this year the last Friday is the 30th Dec, so there will be no week 53?

EDIT just marking up my calendar and note that Apr, July just have one day (Friday 1st) as part of the 5th week, it seems since 4 days of the week are in the previous month it should be counted there? Is this up to our own discretion?

Advertisement