Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing and Fitting Flippy Lids

• 31-01-2022 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

does anyone regularly remove and re-fit flippy lids? I bought a fastrack thinking it was a great alternative to a bottling tree but I also bought flippy lid bottles thinking they were a great alternative to capping bottles. Flippy bottles look like that won't fit properly into the holder so I'm just wondering if constantly removing flippy lids is a pain or will lead to damage over time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It will be a pain to constantly remove those and doing so might compromise their integrity and ability to work properly under pressure.

They can be dried without a bottle tree easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I have a bottle rack and flip lid bottles. The bottles will fit between the actual holes you are supposed to use so get about 9 or 10 on it. I remove the lids from 4 bottles so I can stand the second tray on it. It's not that big a deal if you use a no rinse sanitizer as you don't have to wait too long for the bottles to try and you can repeat with a second batch (I'm normally bottling 35/36 bottles).

Advertisement