Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BE Licience 6 month wait ?

Options
  • 30-01-2022 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just received my BE Learner permit, I noticed it has the code 991 (holder of the learner permit cannot sit their driving test until on or after six months after the date of issue of the category)

Does anyone know for sure that I must still wait the 6 months before sitting the test, even having held a full category B for years.

Ndls and Rsa websites do not say specifically

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Important Information when issued with a Learner Permit and you wish to sit a driving test

If you are granted a learner permit for vehicles in licence categories B, A, A2, A1, AM and W and have not held a learner permit in the previous five years, you must wait a period of six months before being able to sit a driving test. First time learner permit holders must complete Essential Driver Training (EDT) or Initial Basic Training (IBT) before sitting the driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

991 means it's your first Permit in that category. You don't have to wait or do EDT, just do as many lessons as you feel you need (if any) and go do your test.

Advertisement