Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about original TAG Packaging

• 30-01-2022 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭

I bought a Monaco calibre 11 from a substantial, and you would think, reputable official dealer in Dublin. I wasn't 100% sure it was the correct box when it was being handed over partially because the sales person didn't seem to know much about the brand, had left behind a tag which mentioned "special box" from the watch, and disappeared for 15 minutes to get the watch "connected" whatever that means.

Packaging is as follows : white cardboard sleeve with a qr code on it, grey outer box with tag heuer on it, grey inner box with the watch offset to the right on a fairly hard sleeve, and manual /papers underneath.

Anyway, having got it home the outer sleeve has the model code for an aquaracer on it, the manual is for the tag connected smartwatch not the Monaco, and from online unboxings it looks like the watch box should be brown with a centered soft cushioned pillow the watch rests on.

So at the very least I have the wrong manual. Should the white outer sleeve have the correct model code and serial number for my watch on it? Is there a standard box for the Monaco? (I believe the red box with Monaco lettering and checkerboard line is for the limited editions, although that's what they had one Monaco sitting in, on their display?) Plenty of information on how to spot fake dials etc out there but I can't find anything that describes the original box +papers so I can go back and make sure everything is kosher.

To be clear, I'm never going to sell the watch and I'm sure this is just a case of an uninformed sales assistant pulling a random box out of storage because its not a model that sells well, but even so... If i wanted just the watch with effectively no provenance and a random box I would have gone to ebay. Frustrating.

Does anybody know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@OmegaGene is the man to ask IMO.

Hopefully he will see the tagged comment here and pop in with some knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Thanks a million sir. Am I wrong in thinking the white sleeve should have my watch's serial number on it?

OK looks like I am all sorted now. I got a red checkerboard box with the appropriate manuals and a travel pocket instead of a cushioned pillow. I still see some for sale with the brown Heuer box but apparently that only started in the last year or so.

Pictures attached if anyone finds themselves with the same problem. Thanks to @OmegaGene for confirmation I wasn't hallucinating.

Nope, but I didn't expect that and there was no friction from them. Made a phone call, was immediately promised a fix, got a response back an half an hour later very apologetic.

Advertisement