Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing an electric fireplace

Options
  • 29-01-2022 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We're looking at re-flooring our flat and removing the old electric fireplace while we're at it.

I tried to find a picture online that shows what it looks like and the one below is the closest I've seen.

It's completely flush to the wall with no obvious way to remove it. In this picture, the fireplace is mounted on an external wall. But it's actually a dividing wall in our flat.

I wouldn't be a big DIYer but I do my own car and motorbike maintenance so I'm not too bad with tools and handywork.

Any ideas on how to go about this? I know it's like asking how long a piece of string is. Just wondering if I should be looking at bringing someone in or if it's something most people could do themselves.

Cheers in advance!

Comments

Advertisement