Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small airplanes around Waterford

Options
  • 29-01-2022 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone know why there are so many small planes over the Portlaw area of Waterford over the past year we have had planes pass over about 20 times in one day there a few weeks back they fly really low and seem to rev the engines up at random intervals i dont know if its always the same plane going in circles or a bunch of different planes but I'm guessing its the same plane a lot of the time seems a bit unnecessary especially at the weekend

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Waterford Aero Club, based at Waterford Airport. I'm not too far from Portlaw myself and they've always been flying in the area pretty regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Flying school.in Cork use Waterford for cross country and some instrument training.

Also while Cork runway was been resurfaced some of the aircraft were based.in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Atlantic also have a training base in Waterford Airport.

Answers

Russian spies being inserted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

They're dropping in supplies of full-stops to the local population... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Waterford Aero Club have been flying in the area since 1982, its a non profit flying club for local people to enjoy the hobby of light aviation. There is a fly neighbourly policy on their website.

Atlantic Flight Training Academy are a commercial school who are training pilots for commercial flying. They have a large number of aeroplanes and are flying all times of day. They are Cork based but have a satellite base in Waterford too.

The majority of noise complaints have only began since the AFTA base has opened up in Waterford about 2 years ago so go figure that one out.

Advertisement