Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Tails

Options
  • 28-01-2022 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭

Sorry couldnt find an existing recent discussion on this, so starting a new thread.

We have an old house. and got PV installed last year, we are in the lucky situation that the meter on of the old magnetic ones, so that the excess from the PV going back to the grid is winding my meter backwards. I am sure ESB Networks are well aware that it is happening as shortly after the NC6 form went in, we got a letter to say that Smart Meter Installers are in the area etc, so far no one has called to swap it out, but when they do, i'll hold out for as long as i can :)

But we are looking to get an EV this year. and to be able to install a home charger, we are going to have upgrade our tails.

From my understanding, I'll need to get an electrician to do the prep work and the ESB will come out to swap them over?

I suppose what i wondering is when ESBN turn up and they going to force me to a new meter to upgrade the tails?

I wont be looking for a day/night tariff yet, and i dont see me doing much charging at home. and would like to hold on to my current set up,

Comments

Advertisement