Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart 25... Vodafone... perfect fit for me except for...

• 28-01-2022 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I'm a 10+ year vodafone customer and was put on S25, its not 5g but I seem to get 5g speeds... 280/300mbs. Do vodafone allow non 5g contracts to run 5g( the phone shows 5g when im in the 5g areas) and when if ever will offer 5g to all customers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

300Mb isn't "5G speeds", 4G goes a LOT faster than that. Smart 25 I can't find anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

I'll check the speeds again when in 5g it may have been higher. I was put on it about 6 mts ago after much thing to a agent and saying I was leaving with every offer they gave me it started with the new customer offer on one of the Red plans. 25 euro for the first 6 mth and 35 thereafter. I was making the point that the RAYG offers have more to offer for less money.

Looks like I get 5g but not in my contract

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Nice speeds. Not jealous at all. 🤐

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

4G can go faster than 300Mb? I'm not totally sure about that. I know there's a laboratory practical that sees exceptional 4G speeds but these are never achieved in real world terms. I would doubt that anyone is getting anywhere near such speeds on an Irish 4G network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭KildareP

I can regularly push close to 300Mb sustained on Three in parts of Dublin while on 4G. With additional carrier aggregation thrown at it that could be increased further but it makes more sense to spread the frequencies around more rather than trying to spread speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Holy smokes

Is that with some sort of 4g modem? Or your mobile device? Any sort of antenna?

Seriously impressed..

I'm in North Dublin and would barely see 30Mb with three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭KildareP

Both an iPhone 11 and a Pixel 4a 5g (on 4G).

I'll grab a screenshot next time I'm passing through, but areas where I've known it to achieve 250Mb+ consistently is at the Spar in Castleknock Village, Orwell/Rossmore in Templeogue (there's a new monopole at the shops there), and at the Texaco at the Spawell M50 Roundabout.

I used to get those sort of speeds at home in North Kildare pre-Covid but with a huge amount of houses having gone into the region in recent years along with a huge number of people in the area clearly working from home these days (the local shops are manic at lunchtimes!) you'll only get that in the wee hours of the morning these days.

Does any one know if my phone shows 5G as in screen shot is it 5G or just getting 4G speeds but shows 5G. By my experience I'm getting 5G on non 5G contract.

Advertisement