Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to start buy a house before applying the shared equity scheme?

Options
  • 28-01-2022 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've got the mortgage approval from the bank, and also save about 15% deposit for the house. But I'll still need the shared equity scheme to buy the new house.

I think the scheme may published in April or May. Can I start the progress to buy a new house in Feb or March (pay 10% deposit, sign contract etc.), before I actual got the scheme approval ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

That sounds like a bad idea when you don’t know the details of the scheme. I don’t think a solicitor while let you sign a contract when you don’t have the ability to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cheaps1234

Thank you, That may be a bad idea, I think there a lot of people are waiting the scheme to buy a new house, Which will increase the price of new house. but I have no idea how the second hand house also increase like 20%. People don't have money to buy them if not help by the gov.

Advertisement