Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather watch during the Russian Naval Drills off the SW coast from 3-2-22

Options
  • 27-01-2022 10:51pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Will be interesting to see if the weather has any effect on the Russian Naval drills of the SW coast from around next Thurs for about 5 days ( if it goes ahead or just propaganda or diversion tactics ). The sea state is set to get good and lumpy with some strong NW'lys showing up at this stage. They wont be welcome in Bantry Bay if it gets too rough that is for sure! Not great weather for Irish fishing trawlers heading out to protest.

Currently not looking too rough for the size of the naval shipping I would imagine, I presume they would be expected to function in fairly inclement weathers.

Will be interesting to see if some good satellite pictures show up and any reconnaissance footage . I'm sure a lot of focus from around the world on the waters off the SW in the coming week .

Comments

Advertisement