Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair & Aer Lingus Flash Sale

Options
  • 26-01-2022 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Post edited by IrishGaz on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Found the Aer Lingus one extremely poor. Hardly any flights, or options, or 20 euro fare being both ways...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I almost always ignore these sales. I can never find flights at the advertised price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

I booked flights with Ryanair on Saturday, they're 3 times the price now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Probably mainly to be found on 6am flights which is no use to many

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pity it's only to march.

I looked at flights to Italy in June...330+ euro....jaysus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

there were plenty of 18.99 flights with Ryanair even on Fridays and Sundays but because there are no free carry on bags with them anymore you can add another 100 euro to take 2 small wheelies so the minimum cost is about €200 for the trip which is still good but there is a limited appeal to a city break in February especially with some covid restrictions still in place across Europe

because there are no free carry on bags with them anymore you can add another 100 euro to take 2 small wheelies

A "small wheelie", i.e. a 10kg bag, costs between €8 and €30 depending on the flight (or between €13 and €24 if check them in). It can be as low as €32 to bring two such bags on a return flight, you just have to pick the right flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

i wouldn't have the time to try and check the variable charge on a 10kg bag and then try and coordinate that with the flight I am taking !! but any I looked at were a minimum of 24euro per bag per leg

I got a 20 euro flight with Aer Lingus for return leg of a 20 euro Ryanair flight outbound which I had purchased a few weeks ago.

It is the end of the month and there are not too many bargains around pay day. You get the bargains later in the quarter and middle of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Have to be careful with Ryanair (I know it goes without saying!!). Booked this morning but just went with the standard fare and then added 1x20kg bag between four of us. At the pay summary page, the website had added the Priority and 2 cabin bags charges in to the price, adding €85 to the total! You can 'x' out those charges without affecting the rest of the booking. Flights went from €400 to €315.

I don't believe in purchasing Priority Boarding BS (or the gobdaws that start queuing to get on the plane a half an hour before boarding. Why do people do that? Do they think the plane will leave without them?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

When did Ryanair put an end to free carry on bags? If its 8 or 10 to take a small bag per leg then that adds a fair chunk to the overall fare. Ive a flight with them in June but it was booked in October and had free bags, hope they dont try to hit me with extra charges now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

You can bring a schoolbag type bag for free

But for a wheelie you gotta pay

20 litre bag is allowed. Actually about 24 litre bag of right dimensions will fit in the small cage. I use a 20 litre bag which has paid for itself many times over. It is enough for weekend away including laptop if you have a slim laptop.

Advertisement