Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue: The Animation

Options
  • 25-01-2022 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭

Shenmue refuses to die! I've little interest in Anime but this is looking very promising. Looks like they will add lore to certain aspects and characters ie: Chai on the boat in the deleted scene between S1 and S2, possible back story between Lan Di and Terry etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Excellent. I played the original 2 back on the Dreamcast when I got a loan of it once, and I tried to play through them again with anticipatin of playing 3, but my god they were bad. Remastered to look a bit better, still full of jank and slow ass progression. I couldn't continue. So getting to see it all play out in an anime, with hopefully better stories and action (the first episode is probably just him running around doing small jobs or favours for people). Also, his face is not as square in the anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I'd recommend playing the first 2 remastered versions on PS4, XB1 or Steam (personal preference is Jap Dub with English Subs) if you can. The first game picks up towards the end and the second game is a lot quicker (also has the time skip feature).

And then forget the third game exists! If this show is a success, we might get a better Shenmue 3, retooled via Anime.

Post edited by corcaigh07 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh, was it not good no? I did try on the remastered versions, but I got sick of that starting area. I was lost and didn't have a clue where to go (pretty sure I had to be in some exact place at the right time of the day, but I didn't know the time). So I just stopped. Still have them, so might try again at some point, but it's a busy year of non-jank games so it might not happen.

Ah well, at least I have an anime now!

Advertisement