Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My head is wrecked... need help

Options
  • 25-01-2022 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭

I've been saving hard for a bike & if I sell the current scooter, I'm only 1-2k off my target... however...

I haven't done the test yet; insurance won't insure me on the new bike until I have the test + one year NCB; + insurance will be a wee bit crippling; add to this, that I'm in a new house with all the expense that throws up; and... I need to get the back garden paved, which as simple as it sounds will be a big benefit (but expense) to my life... the house is small, so being able to sit out in the garden and do BBQ's and beers would be great.

So...

• Do I keep saving for the new bike? The bike in question is a Moto Guzzi V7
    • Get the garden done & keep feckin' around on the Vespa, then start saving again. (I won't take a loan)
    • Split the cash, get the garden done, sell the Vespa and add a few quid to get a bike around €5k?

I really would like a modern classic & the Guzzi has been my target bike for many years. Is there anything worth while I can afford that would get me by? I love the Vespa, its a 200cc old style PX, but I'd like to go further afield in more comfort... Planning some small trips to the wesht coast & at least one trip down the west coast of France and into Spain... But the main purpose is just to enjoy, won't be commuting or battling traffic... just enjoying the ride.

What would you do...?

Comments

Advertisement