Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd and Strange Dublin

Options
  • 25-01-2022 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Coming back with a hangover addled head on yesterday morning, as me mate dropped me home...I caught sight of the tree eating the bench. Atlas Obscura takes up the story here (good website btw)

The Hungry Tree in Dublin is an 80-year-old London Plane tree that’s currently in the process of devouring a cast iron bench. As the years have passed, the tree has grown, causing it to swallow the parts of the structure that stands in its way. Its gnarled bark now spills over the back of the bench, making it appear as though the seat is being sucked into the tree’s trunk

What other weird and wonderful oddities in Dublin are we not recognising or seeing? Idea came from a group that had similar posts about London.

Id also add I was looking at a Greek Orthodox church with stunning iconography in Arbour Hill last weekend

Advertisement