Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Lock for Front Door (Keyless Entry)

Options
  • 24-01-2022 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience with a product for this?

Used a fee abroad for airbnbs and thought it would be handy to not have to worry about a key here too.

Edit:t This poxy new site can't handle mobile posts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Probably alright in theory but then the security gets bypassed

Just my 2c as a spark

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Most door locks on most Irish homes are super easy to break anyway. Never mind someone just coming through a window.

In general, I’d say a smart door lock would be less likely to be bypassed, then a standard door lock.

Smart door locks have some advantages, a person who gets one likely has an alarm system, security systems, etc. so if you like the advantages of it, I wouldn’t worry too much about it being hacked, etc.

Of course assuming it can’t be bypassed with a **** magnet bypass. Queue the lock picking lawyer :)

Advertisement