Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Blakestown

Options
  • 24-01-2022 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a reopening date for the LIDL store in Blakestown . It would be great to know . Heard rumours it's sometime in February.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes when they closed it, it was due to re-open in Feb 2022 but what date I don't know. From the look of it from outside I'd say it won't be next week anyway! Probably another couple of weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

End of February at the earliest I would say. They still need to tarmac the carpark and the building itself is just an empty shell at the moment. So the stockroom walls need to be put up as well as all the shelves. Then the workers need to put all the stock out. Which going by the time frame of Aldi Mulhuddart refurbishment a couple of years ago that will take the workers 3 days approx and they'll get help from other Lidl stores.

So don't expect it until you see stock going out on shelves. But by that point they'll probably have a sign outside saying when.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Thanks guys. Hopefully it will be soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

18th February asked at the clonsilla store, the other day. One of the staff members from Blake's temp working there!

Brilliant news ! Will be great to see it back open again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A larger bakery! It was a very small one in fairness and very popular. I hope they have plenty of security to match the fancy new upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I live very nearby and have seen it getting fleeced by groups of teens on multiple occasions. One security guard was never a match for 5 or 6 kids going in different directions and grabbing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm amazed how quickly they bulldozed the old shop and built the new one.

..didn't know Blakestown is in North Dublin, though.

• Advertisement

I also live nearby, and it’s still a “jibe”.

No Pat, it was an observation based on my own experience. It's a nicer place to shop when the place isn't being robbed before your eyes.

I live in the area. I’ve received my education in the area. I’ve seen the area grow from farm land to urban sprawl. I know full well the challenges that the area has faced, for over 6 decades.

My estimate of your comment, it’s a jibe!

Post edited by Pat Dunne on

I was in the new Lidl yesterday for the first time, it is very nice and definitely feels larger than the old shop. I don't know if that is actually the case or an optical illusion but it looks great.

i'm with you on it , i was in it for the first time and it does feel larger. great layout etc

Advertisement