Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent swimming goggles?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle001

In my experience it's not about the amount of money you spend but how different types of goggles fit your face specifically. I've tried a number of different pairs over the years and am now settled on a racing style pair.

You may or may not have issues with a certain pair, it's just trial and error. Properly fitting ones shouldn't need to be tightened too much e.g. to the point your face has heavy lines after using them.

If you can get a quick trial run of some pairs from other swimmers that may help to speed up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was learning to swim coming into lockdown, and the instructor advised me to go to the local Home Bargains and buy a pair he used.

They were £2.50 and never let any water in. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mstewie

Totally agree with Turtle001 that it is all about the fit for your face and different brands will have a different fit so you might need to experiment with a few brands before you find ones you really like.

For what its worth I am a big fan the Zoggs Predator googles (I have the Zoggs Predator Flex). I use them in the pool 3 times a week and also do open water swimming with them. Three years on and they are still going strong, have never leaked, are comfortable, so no complaints. With Zoggs I started with one of their cheapest pairs of goggles (Phanton I think for like 10 euro), found that I liked the fit and then upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I know this is an old post, sorry, but it's really trial and error. For me I don't like the 'big' suction-like goggles for pool swimming, they just leak and come off when doing turns off the wall etc. But loads I train with use them week in week out.

I much prefer the smaller socket like googles for pool swimming. My current favourites are the Arena Swedix goggles but need to be set up correctly to your face. https://www.wiggle.com/arena-swedix-racing-goggles-1

These are also a good shout I wear sometimes https://www.wiggle.com/speedo-fastskin-speedsocket-2-goggles

Advertisement