Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Form 11 and recently married

• 23-01-2022 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I get share options through work so have to return a form 11 and use ros. I got married last year and see you're supposed to inform revenue. The system is asking whether we want to be jointly assessed. There won't be a tax credit refund as we both are over the cut off point but from an admin point of view I think it will be easier to go joint assessed.

What I'm wondering however does that also mean I need to do a form 11 that covers me and my spouse? They're a regular paye worker so up until now wouldn't need it. Appreciate any answers on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭downtheroad

If you are jointly assessed one of you is nominated as the assessable spouse (likely you as you are the one who has to file a form11). You then complete the form11 and your spouse's paye income will automatically appear in it, provided by Revenue.

It could come in handy if there is ever maternity or sick leave and one of your income dips below the cut off point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

As you will be jointly assessed your Spouses income will have to be put on the Form 11.

As you got married last year you could get a year of marriage review but if you both exceeded the srcop it will be of no benefit.

Jointly assessed wont be of any benefit right now to you but possibly in the future if need be it will allow the transfer of credits and rate band more easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Thanks!

Advertisement