Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up motion detection notifications on Hikvision DVR

Options
  • 23-01-2022 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi All,

Would appreciate some advice on how to set up notifications on ivms mobile app and desktop.

I am already able to view and playback remotely. I made a motion detection zone I wanted to monitor.

When I tried to turn on alarm notifications in app, I get the message 'Failed to register the push server'

I have dvr connected using IP Domain method

Also how do I set up the email picture feature as well.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Hi there, I have a HIK Vision system and I configured it myself to send e-mails with images when anything crosses a virtual line on the front facing camera. This means I always get a captured image of anyone coming in.

On the DVR itself, right click and select Network then e-mail and this is where you configure the alerts. You will need a valid mail account, internet access etc to ensure you can send mail. I created a dedicated hotmail account. It''s straight forward to add the settings : name and password of sender account and then any recipients. SMTP Server details depend on who hosts the sending account, for hotmail it is SMTP.LIVE.COM and port is 587.

Obviously you need to create something to monitor with an associated alert before any mails are sent. I did the 'virtual line' by selecting Menu, Camera, VCA, Live Crossing. Draw a line on the screen and check the direction that should trigger the alert. Not difficult to set up.

Once done, you will get a mail with 3 images which are each 1 second apart. Quite useful really.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Hi,

I got that working great for a few months. However Gmail have stopped third party access so I am not receiving emails no more. Any alternative provides?

Also how do I get alarm notifications on the mobile apps. I can view through IVMS 4500 and hik connect mobile apps but am not getting notifications. They are working perfectly on desktop.

Appreciate any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

And help?

Advertisement