Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Actual laminated sheet in test centre with rules/signs of the road day of test

Options
  • 23-01-2022 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Any of you guys have what would resemble this sheet with the signs/rules of road they test you out on before they bring you out to the car.

I'm asking because I failed my test and one thing I remember when I was getting asked about the signs, tester would give you a number and you answer the sign for that number. That's A ok and not the issue

Problem I had that day was i kept mistaking the tester's numbers for being below/above the sign in question and therefore I wasn't matching up with it. Not that I didn't know the signs.

So say there's signs number 1 and number 9, and 9 is directly below number 1. He says 9 and I mistake it for sign number 1 or vice versa

Probably nerves on the day too but would be nice not to have to worry about that beforehand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Disorientation on the road could bring much more troubles than in a classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭clobber

All minor to be honest both on and off the road. Signals mirrors cr@p like that and obviously some things from the theory room

Engine secondary checks all else good

Hence the reason I'm ironing out literally everything which is why I'm asking

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Re the sheet, just take an extra second to check the number and which sign it refers to and don't answer until you are sure. Don't be rushed into anything.

Yeah think tester was a bit of a rusher alright, and I consider myself quick (maybe that was the problem)

Perfect storm

Just take it easy next time around

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Could you point at the symbol as you are answering? I would have imagined that it's dummy proof all the same.

• Advertisement

lol

This tester just didn't seem in any mood for delays. Part of me didn't want to be awkward with the guy either lol

Anyway if nothing's changed with it since my 1st test then really it's only a question of whether the numbers of each sign are either above the sign or below it

Something just didn't add up on results sheet. They all count

Yeah so according to driving school site these are the actual testers sheet for the theory.

Most my signs were first page. If you look row 3 and 4 where some of my signs and the numbers there are almost crushed by the signs so my errors were taking the wrong number for the wrong sign. Same for the 3rd and 4th last rows on the first page

The 2nd sheet as we see is far clearer and much better laid out.

Bloody knew I wasn't decieving anybody

Anyone done the test recently?? Care to confirm or deny if this is it. Can't be bothered reading the book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

Can you fail the test if you don’t know all the signs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd be surprised if an examiner was willing to go onto the road with someone who didn't know how to read the signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

Well he didn’t know all the signs & all it resulted in was 1 grade 2 fault….

Stupidly his driving instructor had told him this so he didn’t bother revising them following the theory test which he did 7 months ago….

He successfully passed the test with 2 grade 2 faults…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Those are very badly laid out sheets. On the third page the numbers suddenly are under the signs rather than over them.

I am pretty sure I have never ever seen that black circle with diagonal black lines (no 9, I did the exact thing the OP is complaining about I was going to type 17). Turns out it is 'max speed limit 80', not exactly intuitive. When would it be used since there is a perfectly good sign with a big red 80 on it?

Edit: this is the info about it: https://assets.gov.ie/34749/59cea27176234ae38ebe38d24d1b8082.pdf

basically a good idea but not really very intuitive, as I said. It also has to have a 'slow' sign attached, so to say that it is a sign on its own is a bit misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

Launched by the minister in March 2015 and yet not in the June 2019 Edition of the official DTT book! Not sure if there is a now a newer version but for feck sake 4 years later and the still didn’t have it in the official book.

I think this is the official meaning: Non-national Road (regional and local). This sign means that drivers must use their judgement when using the road in question but must not exceed 80km/h in any event.

As said, good idea but not very intuitive.

Yup yup yup, knew I wasn't crazy.

Since then anyway, flew the signs part of test and just got in by skin of my teeth on the driving. 8/9. Dee lighted

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Congrats on passing your test :-)

Just to say that it is not hard to be confused with this type of junk as sheet number one has two signs marked as 31 🙄

One is a hospital sign and the other is roadworks ( Men at work ) :-(

Even better still is sign no 9 which is same as ( German Sign No. 282 – end of all speed and passing limits ) Imagine some Tourist thinking wow im on the Autobhan I can go whatever speed I like

Please for god's sake leave us with the 80 in a red circle

Advertisement