Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea and Dental Covid levy

Options
  • 22-01-2022 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I ordered a product that was in stock in Ballymun the other day. It was due for delivery yesterday. It didn't arrive and I got no notice. I called Ikea and got through and was told it was being shipped from there because all online purchases in the Republic come from there. What the f**k??? I also asked why a small book stand would cost €15, she said because of brexit (so cute and handy that term isn't it🤮). what a f****d up way of doing business.

On another matter, why has the dental industry, notoriously expensive here, allowed charge us a levy on ppe when they have been supplied with it to an extent yet no other business has? Will that ever actually cease? I doubt it. Total rip off to think that they spend €10 per person per appointment on each person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

My dentist doesn't charge any ppe fee.

I had 3 fillings and clean/polish a couple of weeks ago and total came to €192.

Fairly happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

My dentist doesn't charge a ppe levy either. Vote with your feet op.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

3 fillings for 192. Where is this marvellous dentist.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Smiles charge a ppe fee, so I stopped. New dentist is more expensive but they're upfront about everything and they sorted me quickly in an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The complaint about IKEA doesn't make any sense.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Millltown

Sorry! All online orders in Ireland are shipped from the uk even if they’re in stock in Ballymun. Utterly idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Whether you like it or not, ireland sales territories for ALL major companies,for the past 30 years have been Uk and Ireland. Now that brexit has happened many have not changed over yet. Ireland is seen as too small a market (but a profitable one)

Very few online stores dispatch from a shop. They mostly dispatch from a warehouse where stocks are known.

If you think of it - kallax shelf in the size you want shows 12 available in ballymun. But by the time your order is picked, regular shop customers have bought the 12 available.

Leaves you disappointed.

Instead online is treated as it's own standalone unit with stock dispatched from master warehouse and not vying with shop customers.

Many fashion brands ship from Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, having a shipping centre is whole other logistical game. IKEA obviously feel that they don't service enough online orders in Ireland to justify having a separate distribution centre.

Tesco deliver all my shopping from Naas to South Dublin, despite there being at least 20 Tescos closer to me than Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Millltown

Yes indeed, I get many, many fashion items from the Netherlands! Seriously though, most places have free delivery on say orders over €50, many now have free returns no matter where they're shipped from. Ikea are the only business that I know that charge you a click and collect fee. If you buy ten grands worth of stuff they still charge for delivery, and, I'm still waiting for the item I bought two weeks ago now and haven't received a single piece of correspondence. I can understand delays at the moment but that's not acceptable. I bought an electronic drum kit from Thomann.de a while back worth well over a grand, 12 or so pieces, so very bulky. Having thought properly about it the next day over a dose of Solpadine and an on going back issue I rang them with the horrors to be told it had left the factory and that they couldn't contact the courier but to just refuse the order and it went all the way back and I received a full refund no questions asked. some companies value their customers, others just don't.

Advertisement