Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea swimming around North County Dublin

• 22-01-2022 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Sorry if this is a repost, struggling to find any decent info

I was wondering if there are any sea swimming groups or clubs around North Dublin that cater to beginners (I can swim, but only ever swam in a pool)

Preferably around Malahide, Portmarnock or Donabate would be best, but anywhere in North Dublin would be fine

Thanks in advance!

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's probably too far away from you but Frosties in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Thanks, it's a bit out of the way but from Swords it's probably not much more time than Donabate. I'll definitely look into them

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle001

Balscadden in Howth doesn't have a club that I'm aware of but there's normally a good few swimmers around at high tide on the weekends.

https://youtu.be/ZP7kcj2dDQc. This is a really good overview also if you're thinking of heading out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Similarly, Dollymount the shelters. We also have a FB page called The bathing shelters Dollymount.

Living the life

Advertisement