Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stable/Stability Super Shoe!

Options
  • 21-01-2022 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Looking to treat myself with a carbon plated shoe. Currently wearing New Balance Prism V1, I get injured a lot and these seem to be the best for me so far at keeping injuries at a minimum. Had a pair of Rebels and got injured every time I ran in them, even tried walking in them only and had heel issues. They were incredibly unstable so I've come to the conclusion I need some kind of stability to have any chance of avoiding injury.

Anyway, have my eye on a pair of New Balance TC but don't want to waste a large sum of money if I can't run in the things - anyone have any advice on how stable these might be? Or can you recommend a better option that might have some stability features? I do love the TC though if anyone would like to tell me they are the ones I need and will be able to run in :)

Just to add - I wear orthotics in the shoes as well if this makes my difference!! Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

I love the prisms, I’ve similar support needs with runners and find the super shoes a bit too high and squishy in general

two that I have tried and enjoyed running in are the Endorphin speeds and the new adidas Takumi 8

I believe the ASICS meta speed has plenty of stability built in too

havent tried the NB plated shoes, sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I wouldn't recommend the TCs for someone who needs stability. They feel pretty unstable to me on uneven ground and while cornering. The Asics Magic Speed or the Adidas Adizero Pro (both carbon plated while probably not technically supershoes) offer decent stability in my experience with the Adidas the better of the two in that regard. The Endorphin Speeds (and Pros) aren't a bad call either but are still fairly spongy. I'd imagine it's hard enough to provide stability while using these super responsive foams that add the spring to your step.

Advertisement