Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BBC1 recording causes freeze up

• 21-01-2022 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have a SAB Unix triple HD combo box. There is a double LNB on the dish with two cables coming into the box and a third cable coming into the box from the Saorview aerial. I have had issues over time with the box freezing and needing a hard re-boot to get working again. What happens is that while watching a recorded programme the sound goes and then a few seconds later the image freezes. The box will not respond to the remote. I then turn off the power and reboot. Once the system is up and running again I go to the playback and sometimes the freeze happens again and sometimes not. This only happens with programmes recorded on BBC1. Just wondering if anybody else has had problems with BBC1 or with recordings causing their system to freeze. Recently it seem that if I leave of voice over for visually impaired turned on (which is a pain!) then no freeze happens. Not sure if this is a cause or just a coincidence. By the way this happens regardless of whether I use USB or HDD. Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement