Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten help

Options
  • 21-01-2022 2:25pm

I'm just going to throw this out there. I was browsing done deal over the last few weeks, I had thoughts of getting a kitten and while it has done away with advertising dogs for sale due to puppy farming it seems that cats are fair game. (I was looking to adopt or rehome) Some of the ads are astonishing, I understand some breeds are pedigree and come with a price tag but it looks like there are no checks and balances in place.

Yesterday (Wednesday?) I saw <snip> and genuine concerned so reported the ad. I received a response from Done Deal to advise me of their position and then asking me to contact the local SPCA area officer to report any concerns. As I don't live in the area (Kerry) I don't have access to these services directly, if I lived there I feel I would be able to do more so I'm asking if anyone here might have contacts in that end of the country to maybe intervene or direct to the advert.

(attempted to contact both Kerry SPCA and Kerry animal welfare center and both numbers ring out/are closed)

Post edited by Cherry Blossom on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi rehome,

welcome to Pets & Pet Care. As per the forum charter which can be found in the stickies at the top of the forum, linking to adverts to complain about them is not permitted in this forum. I’ve looked at your link before I removed it and I have to say unless the advert has been edited since you posted it, I see nothing at all in it that would lead me to have welfare concerns for that cat. They are pretty poorly taken photos but there are no visible welfare issues from those photos as I’ve said. Please take some time to read the charter before you post here again.

/Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement