Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shoe size

• 21-01-2022 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have measured my foot and its exactly 10 inches.

Does this mean I am a size 10................OR do I need add an extra half size or size to allow some extra leeway etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What size shoes do you normally wear and how do they fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

different for each, Adidas I am 11, Nike I am 10, other shoes 11.5

I am just wondering in regard to measuring your foot, should you size up a bit to allow to toe room etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As you've said, sizes will differ between brands - not only in length, but in width, and arch, and just general comfort.

I've even had shoes I was happy with, replaced them with the same shoe bought online - and they didn't fit right - so sizing can vary even within a brand

I don't think you'll find a perfect shoe size with a ruler.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, it's a bit of a guessing game. If you're thinking about buying online and trying to predict a size, I'd suggest trying ordering a couple of sizes and sending back what doesn't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ash97

It depends on shoes. You should try them to know if they fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

US and UK sizes are just different enough to mess things up https://www.shoesizingcharts.com/ so you need to check which is being used.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement