Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salerno school versus St. Endas Galway

Options
  • 19-01-2022 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm trying to figure out which school is best to send my kids to. What is the view of these schools in terms of academic achievement and all rounders please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I’m gone out of Galway a while now, but Salerno used to be one of the schools to go to for high achieving girls. It used to be the case that girls supposedly did better in single sex environments (whereas boys did better in mixed), though I don’t know how valid that is or was.

I have heard that Coláiste Éinde is quite good these days too though, and certainly used to produce a decent number of high achievers.

Ultimately though, your daughter will do well in either school, if you support her to do so. The school can only do so much. You have to do your bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GalwayHappy

Thank you. Which school is better for their mental wellbeing. I'm a little concerned based on past pupils of Salerno that there is anxiety issues and if so I know this would hinder my daughters progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

I've had relatives (nieces / cousins) go through Salerno up until very recently and I have to say that their experience has been very positive and the school was very supportive of students. They would all have had a very different learning profile and all felt cared for, listened to and guided in a very positive way. I don't think it is completely right, or fair to associate anxiety issues with a school as that would seem to speak for or represent the entire school community. Unfortunately, there will be anxiety issues in every school around the country for a number of reasons, notwithstanding the impacts of the pandemic that will be felt for years to come.

Both schools, from what I hear, are very good schools so if you are successful with your enrollment your daughter will be cared for.

Advertisement